Want to save money on your car insurance?
One of the many advantages of having an independent insurance agent is that we can choose from a number of carriers to propose coverage based on each person or family’s situation. Some carriers may offer a number of discounts for your personal auto policy, which can mean a significant savings on your premium. There are loyalty discounts as well, so it helps to remain with the same company over time.
These are some common ways to save:
- In NY State, drivers who take a Defensive Driving Course (available online for a low cost) must receive a 10% discount on their Liability and Collision coverage. This discount lasts for three years and can be renewed if the driver retakes the course.
- Certain safety features on vehicles, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, anti-theft devices and daytime running lights, may be eligible for discounts on insurance premiums
- Some insurance companies offer discounts for motor club memberships, such as AAA.
- Of age drivers in high school and college can receive a Good Student discount, and a discount is given on the policy for college students who leave their cars at home while living away at school.
- There are also multi-policy discounts if you have your home and auto policies with the same carrier
- Some companies offer a discount if the premium is paid in full for each renewal period.
If you think you might be eligible for these or other discounts, we’re here to help.
Contact us for more information.