history

an old newspaper that reads: Some Things Change, Some Things Don't

Our agency was formed in 1946 by Lawrence A. Quilty, a wounded and decorated WWII veteran who took an insurance course while recovering in a Staten Island Hospital. With the help of his wife, Leola, Larry began selling insurance out of their home in Kingston, NY. After three successful years in business, Larry rented a small office on Crown Street in Uptown Kingston and hired his first employee. In 1979, he asked his cousin, John H. Dwyer Sr., to join the agency. In 2001, John H. Dwyer Jr. began working alongside his father; he became the agency’s president when John Sr. retired in 2016.

Still located in Historic Uptown Kingston, QDL writes personal, commercial, and municipal policies for thousands of clients in the Hudson Valley.